Your Trusted Partner in Compliance and Governance
Stay Compliant With Singapore's Companies Act By Appointing A Qualified Company Secretary Within 6 Months
Why Choose Morii Associates for Your Corporate Secretary Services?
- Experienced and Qualified Professionals: With over 12 years of experience in the industry, our team of qualified professionals possesses the knowledge and expertise to effectively manage your corporate secretarial needs. Led by Misturu Morii, a former director at the Big 4, you can trust that your company is in good hands.
- Full Compliance with Singapore Laws and Regulations: We stay up-to-date on the latest regulatory changes to ensure your business complies with the Companies Act, ACRA, IRAS, and other relevant bodies. Our meticulous attention to detail ensures that all necessary filings and documentation are submitted accurately and on time.
- Tailored Solutions for Your Business: We understand that each business is unique. That’s why we offer customized corporate secretarial solutions to meet your specific needs, whether you are a small startup or a large multinational corporation.
At Morii Associates Pte Ltd, we take pride in offering exceptional corporate secretarial services to our valued clients. Our commitment to excellence, combined with our personalized approach, has made us a trusted partner to businesses in Singapore for over a decade.
Let us help you navigate the complex world of compliance and governance. Contact Morii Associates Pte Ltd today to learn more about our corporate secretary services and discover how we can support your business’s growth.
Our Corporate Secretary Services Include:
We offer a wide range of services including bookkeeping, accounting, compliance, financial planning, and more.
We Offer dedicated company administration services, which include:
- Provision of registered office address for the company
- Provision of resident local director.
- Drafting of shareholder agreements.
- Maintenance of statutory records.
- Preparation and filling of annual returns.
We can assist with the incorporation of companies in most jurisdictions.
- Administration Services
- Director Services
Licensed to act as company secretary across our international offices.
FAQs on Corporate Secretary Services
Yes, it is mandatory for all Singapore incorporated companies to appoint a corporate secretary within six months of incorporation, according to the Companies Act.
A corporate secretary in Singapore must be a natural person residing in the country, and possess the necessary knowledge and experience to discharge the duties of the role. They should have a strong understanding of Singapore's legal and regulatory requirements, as well as corporate governance practices.
While it is possible for a company director to serve as a corporate secretary, it is not recommended for a sole director of a company to also act as the corporate secretary. This is because the responsibilities of a corporate secretary involve ensuring compliance and impartiality in company matters, which can be challenging when one person is in charge of both roles.
A corporate secretary is responsible for filing annual returns with ACRA within 30 days of the company's Annual General Meeting (AGM). For newly incorporated companies, the first AGM must be held within 18 months of incorporation, while subsequent AGMs should be held every calendar year with no more than 15 months between each AGM.
Yes, a corporate secretary may be held liable for the company's non-compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements if they fail to fulfill their duties properly. Penalties for non-compliance can include fines and, in severe cases, imprisonment.
To change your corporate secretary, you will need to first notify your current corporate secretary of the intended change and obtain their resignation. Following this, you should appoint a new corporate secretary by passing a board resolution. Lastly, you must inform ACRA of the change by filing the necessary forms within 14 days of the appointment.